Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

     I could either sit and complain about the state of my house after being in the hospital for four straight days, or I could totally embrace it, photograph it so that I'll always remember it, and then share it with the world.  Truth be told, it doesn't look a lot different than it usually does anyway.  ;-) 

     So enjoy.  Scenes from my house, Mother's Day, 2011 . . .

You know you have two swimmers in the house when one batch of laundry looks like this, and you know you have a musician in the house when instruments always land in the most peculiar places.


Anybody need some dance shoes?  This little collection has been priced and put on Craig's List twice, and I'm really kind of tired of looking at them in my living room.  I could put them back in my basement, but what good is that going to do?!?


Scrapbooking area.  Always a mess . . . always in limbo.  Do you just see how far behind I am?  My graduate's party on May 30 is sneaking up on me way too fast, and I've come to grips that her pictures won't all be in albums.  At this point I'll just be happy if I can get a few on a display board. 


This collection of tools is often found by the front door, but alas, this morning they were actually in the garage by the lawnmower, golf clubs, and work boots!  What a perfect representation of my oldest!


You never know when you need a few Army men guarding the place. 


These . . . are called toe undies.  Probably was forced to spend 20 bucks at the dance store for these, but I'm glad to see they're still being used.  Partially drank water bottle?  Yep, another common occurrence. 


I don't quite get it (or get it at all), but these books have totally captivated the minds of my fifth grader and most of his classmates this year.  He tries to explain them to me, gets irritated when I can't repeat the story line and characters back to him if my life depended on it, and then goes back to reading.  And then he recreates the front cover by drawing it on his own and adds it to his portfolio.  And see the beautiful ice cream sundae?  It's been proudly displayed in the middle of the kitchen table all week until it got shoved aside on Friday night for this . . .


Yep, it's a ceiling tile that will proudly be displayed in the Bettendorf High School once it makes its way off our kitchen table.  I wonder when we'll actually be able to sit down at our kitchen table as a family again. 
Probably not today.  Nope, definitely not today. 


You put the whole thing together (minus the tools, the dance shoes, and the pictures), add a little laundry (folded and unfolded), and the whole thing looks like this.  I could complain about all the laundry, but that would mean my children didn't live here anymore.  That would make me very sad. 

And this, my friends, is what being a mom of this crew is really like.  The inside scoop.  Oh, I could take you to their rooms and show you each of their complete personalities wrapped up in each of their own set of four walls, but we just won't go there.  I love these children (and their daddy) more than anything else in the whole wide world, and I'm so thankful today to be
their mom. 

I love you, Heath, Haley, Kelsey, and Keaton!

(And a great big Happy Mother's Day to our moms too!  Thanks for raising us and putting up with all our stuff and doing all our laundry!  We love you too!)

(Update from the hospital will have to come later.  Much progress yesterday!)

        

1 comment:

  1. Jacki, I'm so glad you put my house on your blog (minus the dance shoes of course!). Thanks for putting it all in perspective for me! I think I'll go & take pictures of my house now & appreciate my family in a whole new way! Seriously though, I want you to know that your family is in our prayers constantly. We love you much & think of you much also. Julie Beyer

    ReplyDelete